The Auslan Program
At Willmott Park Primary School, Auslan is offered to Grade One’s and Two’s.
The students have Auslan once a week for fifty minutes lesson. The Auslan program teaches students to understand the role of language plays in communicating with others and conveying messages without using their voices.
The study of Auslan contributes to overall education of students, particularly in;
- Cross-cultural understanding
- General knowledge
The Benefits of learning Auslan
- Learning and recognising letters
- Vocabulary words
- Reading back skills
- Stimulates the brain development when you use left and right hemisphere of the brain.
- Increase Memory Retention
- Understanding, awareness and value culture
We also conduct Auslan Choir every Thursday Lunch-time for those who are interested.